help installing psql 7.1.3 - rh6.2 - libreadline.so.4

От Jim Lanford
Тема help installing psql 7.1.3 - rh6.2 - libreadline.so.4
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,
    I need Help installing.

I'm trying to install PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on RedHat 6.2
The PostgreSQLRH 6.2 RPMs asks for libreadline.so.4
I can't find  a libreadline.so.4 RPM for HR6.2, only  libreadline.so.2x

So next I try postgresql-7.1.3.tar.gz

./configure
make
make install
   etc.

and it works except when trying to run from the cmd line I get:
/usr/bin/psql: error in loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.4:
createuser: creation of user "jtest" failed

So, either
1) please just tell me where the libreadline.so.4 RPM is for RH6.2
2) where is libreadline.so.4 for RH6.2 source code is.
    or
3) how can I tell ./configure NOT to be fooled by a bogus  libreadline.so.4
     and force it to use something else.

I got this to work on RH7.1, but this server must say at RH6.2

TIA from a newbie
- Jim